This means that every effort is made to save a tooth from extraction, even if it severely damaged. This has resulted in a considerable decrease in the number of surgical procedures required in general dentistry. However, there are still cases which need surgical intervention and expertise. Therefore, DentSpa has a fully-equipped oral surgery department which is run under the supervision of a highly qualified and experienced team of dentists.
It’s Not Just About the Teeth!
At DentSpa, our scope of services is not just limited to the surgical treatment inside the oral cavity. Instead, we have a dentist who is a Ph.D. holder and trained in providing a surgical procedure of problems related to the head and neck as well. Therefore, we can proudly say that DentSpa is a fully functional oral and maxillofacial treatment center, where all your oral surgical needs will be taken care of.
What Procedures are Performed in the Oral Surgery Department?
At Dentspa, the department of oral surgery will take care of the following dental problems:
• Extraction of damaged chipped or fractured teeth
• Wisdom tooth removal
• Surgical management of cysts and other dental swellings
• Surgical treatment of dental injuries.
• Working as a team for replacing missing teeth with dental implants
• Jaw bone augmentation
• Sinus lift procedure
• Treatment of tongue tie
Is There are Difference Between an Oral Surgeon and an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon?
Yes. An oral surgeon is only trained in performing simple surgical procedures inside the oral cavity like a tooth extraction or wisdom teeth removal. On the other hand, the oral and maxillofacial surgeons are specialist dentists who have undergone training, in addition to their basic dental degree, in surgical treatment problems related to the head and neck.
Generally, dentists need to undergo additional 4-5 years of specialized clinical training to become oral and maxillofacial surgeons. Therefore, the oral and maxillofacial surgeons provide a broader scope of services, and they are experienced in taking better care of your problems. Therefore, whenever you have any issue related to surgery in the mouth, the head, and neck, you should choose a maxillofacial surgeon.
Maxillofacial Treatment under General Anesthesia
DentSpa is one of the few dental practices in Turkey which offers treatment under general anesthesia. For this purpose, we work with our partner hospital to provide the necessary arrangements and services for administering general anesthesia.
General anesthesia for dental treatment may be required in the following cases:
- When multiple procedures need to be performed in a single sitting.
- For surgical treatment of maxillofacial swellings and tumors.
- Cleft lip or cleft palate surgical management.
- Orthognathic surgery to correct orthodontic problems.
- Removal of all wisdom teeth in a single sitting.
- Uncooperative or apprehensive patients.
- Physically or mentally challenged patients who cannot sit still during treatment under local anesthesia.
Here are a few reasons why DentSpa should be your first choice:
- Experienced Team – At DentSpa, we boast a highly skilled and trained team. One of our team members holds a D. in Maxillofacial Surgery. Therefore, we assure you that you will be in safe and capable hands when you visit us for your treatment.
- State of the Art Equipment – oral and maxillofacial surgery relies heavily on diagnostic and imaging equipment for providing high-quality Therefore, we have the most contemporary dental equipment money can buy, which not only facilitates in making an accurate diagnosis but also helps our dentists is providing the best possible treatment.
- You are Fully Covered – we have also partnered up with a fully equipped local hospital in providing medically related services, and to ensure smooth and safe administration of general anesthesia while we perform your treatment.
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is not just about extracting teeth. It’s so much more than that! Maxillofacial surgeons treat dental infections, provide surgical solutions for placement of dental implants and correct facial deformities. All these procedures are geared at improving quality of life, self-esteem, and facial esthetics. So, if you or any of your loved ones have a dental problem which requires surgery, visit us today and let us take care of it.